Hi

Does anyone here use DXO Optics Pro to do lens corrections on their images before submitting to Alamy. Is this something QC are generally ok with as it does enhance sharpness. It looks like a nice tool and I am thinking of trying it out but don't want to persist if it falls foul of the QC process.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve

I've been using DxO Optics Pro for processing RAW files from my secondary camera (Canon G12) since the beginning of 2011. No problems at all with QC and have had sales from those images. I find it intuitive with all the features I require and only wish they would include the Fuji X-Series in their database.

Cheers

John

Hi Steve

I've been using DxO Optics Pro for processing RAW files from my secondary camera (Canon G12) since the beginning of 2011. No problems at all with QC and have had sales from those images. I find it intuitive with all the features I require and only wish they would include the Fuji X-Series in their database.

Cheers

John

I've always liked the looks of Optics Pro, and I'm thinking of downloading a trial version. Is it a good alternative to Lightroom in terms of features?

Hi Steve

Cheers

John

I've always liked the looks of Optics Pro, and I'm thinking of downloading a trial version. Is it a good alternative to Lightroom in terms of features?

Hi John

DxO Optics Pro has rather a different approach as it is automated and not a complete substitue for LR or [in my case ] Aperture by any means. I have used it only for a few weeks and while it adds an extra layer to my workflow at the moment I think it's worth it. It must have access to original raw files and the camera exif data.

There are extensive customisation options but it is designed to be automatic and a batch processeor of however many images you throw at it. You can turn sharpening off but [ and I havn't quite come to terms with this part yet ] it may be that you lose some of the lens correction functions. I have some images passed thro QC and it might just be that the sharpning might have been functioning in the early ones..... I couldn't tell

I used the trial version first but the lens modules you want are probably only accessible via the "Pro" version.

Finally They say they "have no plans" to support the Fuji X-trans sensor becuase their algorithmns have been written with Bayer type sensors and many would have to be completely re-written.

See below :

<< Regarding the Fuji series, please go to the following URL:

http://support.dxo.com/entries/22223617-Will-the-camera-Fuji-X-Pro-1-X-E1-X10-XF1-X-S1-X-Pro1-X100s-and-X20-be-supported-

Please let me know if you have any questions.

regards,

Alison

DxO Support Team

DxO Labs

>>

Best Wishes

John

• 3 weeks later...

I have just (re)joined this forum, sp am a bit late on the is topic.  I have used DXO (standard version) for years and have had no known problems with image submission as a result.  Just to add a point re batch processing: yes, you can select correction(s) for a whole batch, but then you can work through any/each individual image in the batch - without affecting the "batch" changes - for whatever: exposure tweaking, white balance, etc etc, then process the whole batch.  

Archived