Categorizing Pictures

I would be cautious about putting it as RF due to the recognisable buildings and writing as you point out. There is if I remember rightly also something specific about central Birmingham and photography releases which more knowledgeable colleagues than me may be able to elucidate. 

If it was my image I would say "property release needed" and "No I haven't got a property release" and leave it to the buyer to decide what to do with it

I would not put any restrictions in, however.

Regards

Kumar

You don't need to apply restrictions. The end-user would take a view.

Great, thank's for the reply. I understand the first part, but what do you mean by the end user would take a view? I understand the end-user but it's the view i'me not shure about?

I would be cautious about putting it as RF due to the recognisable buildings and writing as you point out. There is if I remember rightly also something specific about central Birmingham and photography releases which more knowledgeable colleagues than me may be able to elucidate. 

If it was my image I would say "property release needed" and "No I haven't got a property release" and leave it to the buyer to decide what to do with it

I would not put any restrictions in, however.

Regards

Kumar

Yeah, it's RM already, and havn't added any rstrictions yet, and thank's for the reply. I have another similar (not searchable yet) but this clearly has "The Mailbox" in it, so is added all the relevant restrictions.

Great, thank's for the reply. I understand the first part, but what do you mean by the end user would take a view? I understand the end-user but it's the view i'me not shure about?

A view as to what he can use it for. In practice it's probably restricted to editorial without releases, but you don't have to worry about that as long as you annotate correctly.

In practice if you were not prevented from taking the photograph you're unlikely to be pursued. In any case it would be the publisher, not you. Unless BW starts strongarming Alamy a la NT.

Last time I walked around Brindley Place a few years ago, there were signs stating commercial photography is not permitted.

http://canalrivertrust.org.uk/location-hire-filming-and-photography/the-application-process

Thank's, having looked at the application for it, it looks like this wold be more relevant for more upscale productions if you see what i am saying, and comercial use. I guess this limits it to editorial use then. I'vs seen many canal pictures on this website though...

A view as to what he can use it for. In practice it's probably restricted to editorial without releases, but you don't have to worry about that as long as you annotate correctly.

In practice if you were not prevented from taking the photograph you're unlikely to be pursued. In any case it would be the publisher, not you. Unless BW starts strongarming Alamy a la NT.

And by annotate you mean state "this is for editorial use only", as weill as applying restrictions, or annotate + without restrictions?

Quote: "Anybody wishing to shoot on any land belonging to the Canal & River Trust in England or Wales, no matter how big or small,"

I would not assume anything (assumptions are a nice way to make life "easy"....just assume the issue does not apply in your case...  ;) ). Knowing is best, and you seem to be concerned about it. If the signs around Gas Street Basin and the statement above are reason for concern, just write to them and ask if you can take pics for stock licensing (photographs for profit/licensing/"sale"). 

I allready asked Alamy. With annotate it is meaned that you choose the right amount of people and that you choose if you have the release or not. The same for property. If you set this information then the buyer knows and should use it only for editorial. You dont need to add restrictions or put comment.

Quote: "Anybody wishing to shoot on any land belonging to the Canal & River Trust in England or Wales, no matter how big or small,"

I would not assume anything (assumptions are a nice way to make life "easy"....just assume the issue does not apply in your case...  ;) ). Knowing is best, and you seem to be concerned about it. If the signs around Gas Street Basin and the statement above are reason for concern, just write to them and ask if you can take pics for stock licensing (photographs for profit/licensing/"sale"). 

Or just sell editorial..... done. Editorial images are sold well on Alamy. I never take to much time to get release. If not possible just choose that you dont have and it will be available for editorial use.

Mirco

I allready asked Alamy. With annotate it is meaned that you choose the right amount of people and that you choose if you have the release or not. The same for property. If you set this information then the buyer knows and should use it only for editorial. You dont need to add restrictions or put comment.

Interesting, i was wondering if it was like a default thing as you select certain options, according to this Alamy article it says you should set certain restrictions http://www.alamy.com/contributor/help/image-restrictions.asp

I've never acually seen any signs myself, or anything else regarding that, thank's for the reply.

Interesting, i was wondering if it was like a default thing as you select certain options, according to this Alamy article it says you should set certain restrictions http://www.alamy.com/contributor/help/image-restrictions.asp

Dave...

This i also saw. Thats why i was not sure and contacted Alamy. They told me that it is not nescessary. As long you put that you dont have releases.

I think it is really not needed. Otherwise why we can put at releases NO and anyway put the image for sale.

Mirco

Archived