Photos of Vancouver

NYCat

I saw an exhibit today of the wonderful photographs of Vancouver by Fred Herzog. Amazing use of color. Then I dug up an online article in the Times...  https://www.nytimes.com/2017/12/14/magazine/the-odd-otherwordly-glow-of-fred-herzogs-photography.html

He is not a photographer I knew about before. How about you Canadians?

Paulette

Thanks for the link. Fred Herzog is one of my favourite street photographers. Sadly, the Vancouver that he documented has all but disappeared now, replaced by gleaming towers of cold steel and glass.

P.S. He was also one of the pioneers when it came to using colour film -- rather than b&w -- for street photography.

I have seen his work at an exhibit at the Vancouver Art Gallery.  I loved the way he captured everyday life in Vancouver back then.    As John says, everything is very different now.

Maria

1 hour ago, MariaJ said:

I have seen his work at an exhibit at the Vancouver Art Gallery.  I loved the way he captured everyday life in Vancouver back then.    As John says, everything is very different now.

Maria

I was at that exhibition too. Good selection of his work here.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Niels Quist said:

Must be the steam clock :)

Could be the steam clock.  A lot of hot air comes out of it. There's also this cathedral (below), but it's actually Ukrainian.

Perhaps "Kiev by the sea" might be a more accurate characterization. B)

spires-of-the-holy-trinity-ukrainian-ort

Archived