Help with plant ID

Starsphinx

I am struggling with a plant ID and having noticed how helpful people are thought I would ask.

I believe the plant is Tansy - but it does not look quite like the stuff I am finding on google.

PBRP9F.jpg

Looks like a Tansy but leaves do not appear to be Tansy, they are more like thistle of some kind.

Could you show close up of flowerhead?

Allan

Could be just my eyesight is not too good just now. Below is one of mine which is confirmed Tansy.

Tansy in bloom Stock Photo

Unfortunately, I did not get a close up of the flowerheads as had a call to pick my son up.  For what its worth the flowerheads are almost like ragwort but without any petals. 

Dutch: Boerenwormkruid. (farmers worms herb)

Don't make tea of it. Especially not when pregnant.

It probably does help against worms though, but may kill you as well.

If something looks different from normal it's very tempting to a photographer. Extremely much less so for a client.

Good stock is making something really ordinary look really really good.

wim

16 hours ago, wiskerke said:

Dutch: Boerenwormkruid. (farmers worms herb)

Don't make tea of it. Especially not when pregnant.

It probably does help against worms though, but may kill you as well.

If something looks different from normal it's very tempting to a photographer. Extremely much less so for a client.

Good stock is making something really ordinary look really really good.

wim

Yeah, I think I kind of failed with the making something look good with this picture as well lol.

It's the Alamy "we don't mind about composition because you never know what people are going to be looking for" spiel.

I will keyword as Tansy until I find out for sure its something else and will  try and get back and see if I can find the plant to get better identification

Just to update people - I actually managed to find my way back to the plant today (something I cannot always do as I tend to wander a bit lol) and took a very careful look and can confirm it is indeed Tansy - for some reason the leaves look way weirder in my shot than they do on the plant itself - probably not a good thing lol.

Thank you to everyone for your help and input

8 minutes ago, Starsphinx said:

Just to update people - I actually managed to find my way back to the plant today (something I cannot always do as I tend to wander a bit lol) and took a very careful look and can confirm it is indeed Tansy - for some reason the leaves look way weirder in my shot than they do on the plant itself - probably not a good thing lol.

Out of interest, do you use a Fuji camera?

1 minute ago, Starsphinx said:

No Nikon D7200 - with a Sigma 70 - 300 mm lens.

I am working towards upgrading the glass lol

I asked because there's a well documented problem with the appearance of foliage when raw files from (some) Fuji sensors are demosaiced.

I've not heard of a similar problem with Nikon cameras (and I never had a problem when I shot with Nikons).

Just now, Russell Watkins said:

I asked because there's a well documented problem with the appearance of foliage when raw files from (some) Fuji sensors are demosaiced.

I've not heard of a similar problem with Nikon cameras (and I never had a problem when I shot with Nikons).

No, I dont mean anything like that I just seem to have caught angle and light in a way that makes the leaves look more similar to ragwort leaves (deep lobes) rather than the more feathery structure they actually are.  

20 minutes ago, Starsphinx said:

No, I dont mean anything like that I just seem to have caught angle and light in a way that makes the leaves look more similar to ragwort leaves (deep lobes) rather than the more feathery structure they actually are.  

Ah, OK.

22 hours ago, Starsphinx said:

Thanks for the feedback.

Allan

Archived