Right Cadillac?

3 minutes ago, Johnnie5 said:

That looks like the right year and model.  1965 and 1967 had different grills.  If I had to live in my car I would choose that one.

Thanks for the confirmation. I was a teenager in the mid-60's, so I remember American cars from that era very well. At the time, they looked normal. However, I now realize what ridiculous boats they were. You could easily live in this Caddy and rent out the trunk. In Vancouver, they're building condos smaller than this. B)

53 minutes ago, Sally said:

And I have this one tagged as a 1969 Cadillac DeVille, so hope that’s right. Think you could probably get the whole family in that, no bother.

1960s-american-family-group-portrait-wit

Hopefully Johnnie5 knows. BTW, I think that both "Coupe de Ville" and "Coup Coupe DeVille" we're used. I just put both in my keywords.

Edit: Whoops! I left the final "e" off "Coupe" DeVille. Just corrected it.

6 minutes ago, Sally said:

And I have this one tagged as a 1969 Cadillac DeVille, so hope that’s right. Think you could probably get the whole family in that, no bother.

There's a very famous picture of a pink one with a much larger family next to it. You must have seen it a couple of times like 17 years ago.

Coupe is just 2 doors in Cadillac speak. Initially that is, because when it became a hit, they started naming their 4 doors also Coupe. Or they started building their 2 door cars with 4 doors, whichever you want to believe.

In Europe Coupé would mean at least a sloping rear window as well.

It all goes back to horse-drawn carriages. There are numerous Wikipedia pages about this.

In the original coupe de ville cars, the driver would sit outside and the passengers inside.

wim

1 hour ago, wiskerke said:

There's a very famous picture of a pink one with a much larger family next to it. You must have seen it a couple of times like 17 years ago.

Coupe is just 2 doors in Cadillac speak. Initially that is, because when it became a hit, they started naming their 4 doors also Coupe. Or they started building their 2 door cars with 4 doors, whichever you want to believe.

In Europe Coupé would mean at least a sloping rear window as well.

It all goes back to horse-drawn carriages. There are numerous Wikipedia pages about this.

In the original coupe de ville cars, the driver would sit outside and the passengers inside.

wim

OMG. No I hadn’t seen that particular family photo before.  I shall have to revisit my tags....

The four door version of that car was called the Sedan De Ville.  Here is a google search result  As kids and teenagers we knew what every car on the road was, but Cadillac cars weren't that common and intended for old men so not interesting to us.  Today there are many more makes and models to keep track of so its a much more difficult task. Plenty of room in the back seat for starting a family.   http://www.tocmp.com/brochures/Cadillac/1966/pages/Page-07_jpg.htm  

Archived