I have about 60% of my images not appearing when I look for them. My Image Manager tells me that they are on sale, but they are not appearing here : https://www.alamy.com/search/imageresults.aspx?&xstx=0&userid={20F525F2-E8AA-4278-B65B-A5AEF9DF83DE}&name=Matthew+Johnson&st=12 . In case you find them, the missing images include several photos of a St Joseph statue, Roseate Spoonbills, and a Dragonfly. Thanks in advance!

Nothing much happens instantly. If you add a keyword, it won’t be effective until the next day database update. If your images are approved, any work you do with them won’t be effective until update. Listen to Gen, she’s right on.

7 hours ago, Matthew Johnson said:

I have about 60% of my images not appearing when I look for them. My Image Manager tells me that they are on sale, but they are not appearing here : https://www.alamy.com/search/imageresults.aspx?&xstx=0&userid={20F525F2-E8AA-4278-B65B-A5AEF9DF83DE}&name=Matthew+Johnson&st=12 . In case you find them, the missing images include several photos of a St Joseph statue, Roseate Spoonbills, and a Dragonfly. Thanks in advance!

All showing now. 21.

All there but birds are not tagged with Latin name or country.

'Dragonfly on a barbed wire' won't cut it for Alamy. Common name? Scientific name?

'Orange flower' in caption? Tulip is in tags but not in caption. Scientific name?

Country location? USA, US, United States of America?

Matthew, you have to be a lot more serious or you won't stand a chance.

Just trying to help.

Gen

Again, Gen is offering good advice. 

Finding the names of what you’ve shot can sometimes involve hours. I have the tee shirt! :D

You either spend the time to research common and scientific name, or just quit shooting subjects that require it.

Once I did my research and tagged the image, I made a template in Bridge with the common and scientific as the title. Next time I shot that plant, animal or insect, I just went to my template and applied the template with those tags, removing any that didn’t apply.

I recently spent hours trying to ID a spruce. Hours, for two images. Ugh.

Betty

Archived