I just found this story on the BBC and had I not been in Malaysia just now would probably not seen it. There is no mention of the image appropriation being from Albany but as many of you may use multiple does might be worth a peak at this guys site. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-44560852

A good show of how powerful Instagram now is

Makes me feel sick.

The problem with big brands and those who are now termed 'infuencers', is that the brands haven't the foggiest idea of what is going on in the world and just want to latch on to whatever seems to be currently popular (mostly with the young). And all in order to make money, with little or no other consideration.

Back in 'my day' (!) :D the same happened with punk bands, when every talentless jerk who could shout loudest and spit furthest got a record contract! :D  I guess that it did shake things up a little though. ;)

Scary for me as "back in the day" I was a student in punk. The Police supporting the Abertos, the worst band I have ever seen, punk duo the Ak Band supporting the Kinks and then doing the same for Steve Gibbons. Even Spotify has missed them,thankfully

On 6/22/2018 at 00:11, losdemas said:

Makes me feel sick.

The problem with big brands and those who are now termed 'infuencers', is that the brands haven't the foggiest idea of what is going on in the world and just want to latch on to whatever seems to be currently popular (mostly with the young). And all in order to make money, with little or no other consideration.

Back in 'my day' (!) :D the same happened with punk bands, when every talentless jerk who could shout loudest and spit furthest got a record contract! :D  I guess that it did shake things up a little though. ;)

Funny, critiquing those who find trends in order to earn living. Isn't that what advertising and stock about. Finding things that people are interested in, creating the images and licensing them. Whether editorial or advertising, having what others want to see is what's important.

40 minutes ago, elacoste said:

Funny, critiquing those who find trends in order to earn living. Isn't that what advertising and stock about. Finding things that people are interested in, creating the images and licensing them. Whether editorial or advertising, having what others want to see is what's important.

(Off thread) Can I just ask why you have so many duplicate images in your portfolio? In at least one case, four identical images.

13 hours ago, elacoste said:

I'm not talking about creative individuals here : I'm talking about thieves and the self-interested who happily take advantage of others.

Archived