Thomas Kyhn

"Möchten Sie diese Website auf Deutsch nutzen?"?

Just a small detail. Alamy keeps asking if I want to use the site in German. I'm not in a German speaking country, and I don't use a German VPN. Any idea why Alamy would suggest I use German? (I'll refrain from making any historical references.)

This certainly irritates me daily, too. Why doesn't the system learn that I say no every time.

That's strange. I am in Germany and yet it remembers my preference for English.

Used to be I'd have to reset it after dumping cookies, but now that's not a problem.

edit: It used to be that the main Alamy page would come up in German until I switched it.

It would then remain in English until I dumped cookies. However the "Möchten Sie …" message

does appear on the My dashboard page, time after time. Given that one is accepting cookies, it would be

nice if there were one that remembers the language preference.

Edited by DDoug
clarification

Strange. If I re-open the browser (not deleting any cookies), I get the "Möchten Sie …" message again.

I wonder if the system and its language make a difference. I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit in English.

I use macOS 10.13.5 in English. So it doesn't look like that's the reason.

Windows 10 - most often Chrome - but happens also with Firefox f.inst.

Wherever you are, stick to English. The German translating software can be very entertaining, but is hopeless.