I just got an email from Alamy telling me I've got 17 images offline, ...yadayada...

I looked and found I had two images not for sale, one was a genuine mistake on my part from a couple of weeks ago, and I've now captioned and keyworded it; the other I will delete.

But where can I find the other 15?

TIA

9 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

I just got an email from Alamy telling me I've got 17 images offline, ...yadayada...

I looked and found I had two images not for sale, one was a genuine mistake on my part from a couple of weeks ago, and I've now captioned and keyworded it; the other I will delete.

But where can I find the other 15?

TIA

I just got this too...for 30...that I already dealt with about 15 hours ago...so?

3 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

Yeah, I wondered about 15 I uploaded on Sunday and 'managed' yesterday (they're live today). I've already 'managed' another 5 from yesterday since then!

one explanation...we are time travelers.

5 minutes ago, MandyD said:

one explanation...we are time travelers.

:-)

It seems that from time to time, Alamy workers are 'at a loose end' and send out erroneous emails. It's happened a few times in the past.

Maybe they could better use that time to follow up non-reporters and non-payers? Just a suggestion, off the wall as the idea might seem.

8 minutes ago, Cryptoprocta said:

:-)

It seems that from time to time, Alamy workers are 'at a loose end' and send out erroneous emails. It's happened a few times in the past.

Maybe they could better use that time to follow up non-reporters and non-payers? Just a suggestion, off the wall as the idea might seem.

yes it does seem odd that if it was an automated email that it would send hours after that information is captured?

Mmmmm, feel a bit silly now, got one of these and my paranoia kicked in. Reported it to Alamy thinking it was some kind of phishing scam.

I dont have any images "Not on Sale" and the reply addresses looked a bit iffy............Oooops

Roger

2 hours ago, RogerG said:

Mmmmm, feel a bit silly now, got one of these and my paranoia kicked in. Reported it to Alamy thinking it was some kind of phishing scam.

I dont have any images "Not on Sale" and the reply addresses looked a bit iffy............Oooops

Roger

No need for you to feel silly; if anything, Alamy should feel silly sending out erroneous emails.

Much like the email I received telling me I'd made a $400 sale, and other contributors received similar quoting their larger sales. Turns out it was referring to one from around three months previously, and I'd wasted a couple of days of constantly updating my report excitedly expecting to see it come in!

Archived