Everybody has their own theories about what can raise their rankings and sales. Clearly, some people believe that lots of similars can make your collection appear stronger to the search engine. Many more people believe the opposite and post just one or two from each shoot. 

Are there rules about this? I think so. 

4 hours ago, Patrick Cooper said:

Similars are one thing but it looks like this person has uploaded exactly the same image multiple times. I wish I could post a link but when I try, it produces a large amount of gibberish text that does not act as a link. 

Does https://goo.gl/ help? (Google URL Shortener)

There are three identical live news ones from an agency. It's obviously a mistake.

There are also 20 or so from another contributor uploaded as live news. The usual rules don't apply as they bypass QC.

There are rather a lot of them, and I would have cut them down quite a bit, but IMO they wouldn't fall foul of the similars rule. Maybe one or two would. I don't think you need to bother MS with it.

Archived