Scrolling on 4K Monitor

hdh

When I use AIM on my 4K monitor and open the window in full screen mode, 50 thumbnails are opened and shown. 

Because the screen is not entirely filled with thumbnails, the automatic loading of more images does not seem to work. 

I currently work around this by making the browser window smaller, such that some thumbnails are not shown anymore. 

As soon as I do this, the automatic loading of more images works again and I can go back to full screen after a couple more thumbnails are loaded. 

Can AIM be changed to load 100 or 150 thumbnails initially? 

I believe that this may allow scrolling from start and does not need the workaround. 

A second issue is that the "Preview images" appear that small that I'd rather call them large thumbnails. 

Could the preview images on 4K monitors made larger please? 

(I believe this was already mentioned in another thread, that I fail to find) 

thanks Mark I tested your solution  and it also works for me. 

Still a bit off from ideal that we either have shrink the window or increase the zoom factor, just to be able to scroll. 

Would be nice if Alamy can  correct it at some point in time.

While I write this, reminds me that in IT these things don't really count as an error, as a workaround is available. 

So in IT seen as a (small) nuissance, because the functionality generally works for more than x% of the users. 

Being in IT myself, and when affected myself, I hate it, but  if I have to argue this in front of a user, I am 100% with the IT view; "not an error, there is a work around" 

Pretty pathetic, but I understand both sides, as in IT we have to balance nuisances versus desperately necessary new functionality, to be achieved with limited resources.    

10 minutes ago, hdh said:

thanks Mark I tested your solution  and it also works for me. 

Still a bit off from ideal that we either have shrink the window or increase the zoom factor, just to be able to scroll. 

Would be nice if Alamy can  correct it at some point in time.

While I write this, reminds me that in IT these things don't really count as an error, as a workaround is available. 

So in IT seen as a (small) nuissance, because the functionality generally works for more than x% of the users. 

Being in IT myself, and when affected myself, I hate it, but  if I have to argue this in front of a user, I am 100% with the IT view; "not an error, there is a work around" 

Pretty pathetic, but I understand both sides, as in IT we have to balance nuisances versus desperately necessary new functionality, to be achieved with limited resources.    

If there's a known workaround, put it on the page and at least apologize. Better still: tell the visitor you're working on it (only if you are of course).

Simple decency goes a long way on the web.

However when it's something as simple as pressing Cmd/Ctrl + , which AFAIK has been available on every Windows machine since 1998 as Magnifier and on all Apples since 2005 as Zoom, I feel it should be on a sort of bumper sticker on the screen when the monitor comes first out of the box.

We all know the funny If you can read this ones; surely it shouldn't be too difficult to come up with a suitable subtle encouragement... ;-)

Now I think of it, there seem to be really few monitor stickers at all. Maybe memes killed the sticker.

wim

Archived