I’ve probably had two of the hardest months I can remember, excluding chemo and radiation 14 years ago. Moving is for the young. During that time, I took a few “moving” snaps, but didn’t even have time to transfer them from the card to the Mac. I had to keep the house show-ready for 5 months and get out of the house while it was bring shown. Dealing with a husband with dementia who, when I left a room perfect, blinds open, lamps on, came along behind me and undid everything I had done. Stress and I became close companions.

Soon after moving in, I became ill and was pretty worthless for 2 weeks.  I still haven’t found needed things. There must be 50 boxes still waiting to be unpacked. Then there’s unpacking and arranging the garage. Never used to be my domain, but it is now.

It is with great delight that I finally downloaded my card yesterday, vetted and developed 12 and uploaded them last night. They passed this morning and I finally feel like I’m back in the game. Glory be. :o 

Betty

1 hour ago, Betty LaRue said:

My steps could be called staggering, but they still move me forward. 😉

Glad to hear you're getting back on your feet. I've been staggering around myself for a couple of months. The nice thing about stock photography is that it keeps on working while we can't.

53 minutes ago, John Mitchell said:

Glad to hear you're getting back on your feet. I've been staggering around myself for a couple of months. The nice thing about stock photography is that it keeps on working while we can't.

True, so true. Good to know you’re healing, John. I’ve had shoulder surgery, (with physical therapy) then knee surgery, but a hip replacement is much harder. I hope it’s reached a point where you can sleep on that side again.

As far as stock photography working when we don’t....my dismal few sales this month equals very little $$. Nothing at all for several weeks.

Call it a non-surge. The debate about regular uploads greasing the wheels seem borne out, at least for me. 

Betty

2 hours ago, Betty LaRue said:

True, so true. Good to know you’re healing, John. I’ve had shoulder surgery, (with physical therapy) then knee surgery, but a hip replacement is much harder. I hope it’s reached a point where you can sleep on that side again.

As far as stock photography working when we don’t....my dismal few sales this month equals very little $$. Nothing at all for several weeks.

Call it a non-surge. The debate about regular uploads greasing the wheels seem borne out, at least for me. 

Betty

Things are coming along. With my cane, I'm now the fastest walking tripod in the West. I'm lucky in that I have a stock of older images that keep bringing in monthly revenue (touch wood) even if I don't add new material. However, I certainly find it true with new images that you have to feed the beast regularly in order to keep it happy.

You is one funky dude, funkyworm. :)

As Betty pointed out, moving house under duress is not a vacation trip. And yes, there are countless details in my situation that I've not mentioned.

Ian, you are so right -- I'm not the only person in this forum who is having trouble. Thank you all for your help and suggestions. 

Edo

Archived