Good morning to you all

Reading the forum and the various topics I read unstated sales, sales that do not appear in the contributor profile. 
How is it possible to understand when I made a sale and was not declared to me?

You can use Google Image Search (or other similar services) to search for images of yours which (for example) have been zoomed. You can also do searches on your psuedonym/Alamy.  If you find any usages, then you can check directly with CR to confirm that they are genuine licenses, then follow up after ~ 3 months (Alamy's recommendation) if they haven't appeared as sales on your dashboard. Sales can take a while to appear. 

You can also follow the monthly threads on this forum - 'Have You Found Any Alamy Images, month/year'. These are mostly populated with pictures used by print and online news outlets, but many other usages are also reported.

1 hour ago, lorenza said:

Good morning to you all

Reading the forum and the various topics I read unstated sales, sales that do not appear in the contributor profile. 
How is it possible to understand when I made a sale and was not declared to me?

This confused me for a long while too. And I asked about it in another thread, which you may find helpful here

Sadly, infringement from many web-sites is commonplace these days. A friend gets away with it and you may feel yourself a mug for declaring a use. Thus failure to report eventually becomes normal. Newspapers prioritise the new story and simply don't deploy their energies in the direction of tidying up details such as clearing copyright on yesterday's edition. Many have self-reporting contracts with agencies and there are bound to be failures. It's wrong, but it happens. Often newspapers don't get around to reporting until several months have passed. In the UK, the worst that happens to offenders is the court makes them pay what they would have paid if not caught out. In the UK, we don't do penalty charges, we can hope for the high end of the likely fee and a little for flagrancy perhaps. In the USA it can be much more expensive. In Italy, you will be getting into old age before an infringement might be resolved

Outside the industry, I meet people who simply have no grasp of the idea of copyright. They may be very puzzled when told that I have derived most of my income from my archive of photographs which I have built slowly over almost 50 years. I recall a rather drunken conversation with a neighbour who took the attitude: you have been paid once for your photograph why should you be paid again?  We didn't progress the conversation very much but it was a good evening.

The usage reported thread on this forum is constructive and appreciated, but I sell about ten images a month and I haven't noticed a usage spotted on that thread for a couple of years. 

Archived