fill in the “date taken” field

Hello

I have been told to up my game in terms of tagging my stuff so I have made a start today. I think I have the tags covered, but I need to go through each image and decide which supertags to use. Rarely do I have more than 5 or 6 tags to begin with, so will most likely end up with one supertag per shot. Does that sound reasonable?

Now for the main point of this entry: I am reading the pdf that explains how to tag etc, and it states to always fill in the “date taken” field. 

Is this true? Does it matter? I am hoping not or else I might be locked into the Alamy Image Manager for hours . . . 

Thank you

DJ

Has anyone else had issues with the date from the metadata not transferring correctly to Alamy? I uploaded 40 images last week and noticed that all the dates were different from the metadata, all of them had been changed to the same date about 2 years away from the time of the shoot. I had to highlight all images of the batch in AIM and change it back to the correct date.

Marc

3 hours ago, famousbelgian said:

Has anyone else had issues with the date from the metadata not transferring correctly to Alamy? I uploaded 40 images last week and noticed that all the dates were different from the metadata, all of them had been changed to the same date about 2 years away from the time of the shoot. I had to highlight all images of the batch in AIM and change it back to the correct date.

Marc

I had that problem a few months back...if you work through all the metadata fields in 'Library' in Lightroom you will find the rogue date.  If I recall correctly I had to deselect the field that was causing the issue.  Sorry if that's a little vague😊

On 3/23/2018 at 04:22, DJ72 said:

Rarely do I have more than 5 or 6 tags to begin with, so will most likely end up with one supertag per shot. Does that sound reasonable?

Why is Varanus komodoensis not both a super tag and in the caption of your Komodo Dragon shot? You do want people to find your images? You should go through all your images and make sure you have full, descriptive, and complete captions. Tags may be less important than the description, five is on the bottom of minimum. Use your imagination. Use a thesaurus. Use Wikipedia. Use scientific and Latin names. 

Archived