Fuji X RAW STUDIO

I believe that this new software has been released for Mac and shortly will be for Windows.

Anybody had any experience of it or thoughts about it ? 

I need to upgrade my version of Elements to access ACR for the X-T2, and am wondering if this Fuji converter

might be a valid alternative.

thanks

Geoff 

Not used it myself and have heard mixed views but I think it's fairly limited. There's a useful article and video here from Fuji blogger Thomas Fitzgerald that might explain the pros and cons:

https://blog.thomasfitzgeraldphotography.com/blog/2018/1/fuji-x-raw-studio-first-impressions

40 minutes ago, geoff s said:

I believe that this new software has been released for Mac and shortly will be for Windows.

Anybody had any experience of it or thoughts about it ? 

I need to upgrade my version of Elements to access ACR for the X-T2, and am wondering if this Fuji converter

might be a valid alternative.

thanks

Geoff 

This does sound a bit clunky - you might be better off using X-Transformer to convert your RAF files to DNG (which it does really well) and proceeding from there

Alex

6 hours ago, Alex Ramsay said:

This does sound a bit clunky - you might be better off using X-Transformer to convert your RAF files to DNG (which it does really well) and proceeding from there

Alex

Ditto. I've been using Iridient X-Transformer and like the results.

1 hour ago, geoff s said:

I'm currently using the Adobe DNG converter. Would there be a discernible benefit in using the X Transformer ?

Geoff

Iridient offers the usual free trial of their software, so you could test it and draw your own conclusion.

I gather the Fuji raw converter is much like the one you have in the camera, which (assuming it works like other X cameras) is accessed by going into image review, pressing the OK button, and selecting raw conversion. That gives you options of various film tastes and other image modifications, outputting a JPEG when you've made your choices.

ok thanks, I've downloaded the trial. Now I 'll have to see if I can spot the benefits...though I was pleasantly surprised to see that it 

doesn't cost the earth to buy ( £23 ).

Any particular types of image that I might be able to see the improvements on ?

Geoff 

19 hours ago, geoff s said:

ok thanks, I've downloaded the trial. Now I 'll have to see if I can spot the benefits...though I was pleasantly surprised to see that it 

doesn't cost the earth to buy ( £23 ).

Any particular types of image that I might be able to see the improvements on ?

Geoff 

Fine detail, foliage - that sort of thing

Archived