Doc

Has Alamy changed its search algorithm again to the detriment of all?

Dear colleagues at Alamy

Please see my string I have initiated in the Alamy forum with a very similar name, found here:

http://discussion.alamy.com/topic/8913-has-alamy-changed-its-search-algorithm-again/

How can images without the search term in supertags appear far higher than those with the search term in supertags? (both cases have the search term in the caption.

makes no sense for anyone

Kumar (the Doc one)

Have Alamy confirmed that any permanent changes have been made?

As I commented in your previous thread I see it as an improvement to give the caption more weight (so makes sense for me). 

You are assuming that everybody has added Supertags and that is not the case, or at least, for many the Supertags are just what was transferred from EssKeys - and if I remember correctly it was not actual essential to have Ess Keys. I don't suppose that any/many of the images from edited agencies have Supertags.

It seems that any perceived changes to algorithms coincide with my sales crashing, which makes me think you're right. 17 last month, Jan 2018 nil so far. :(

No sales for me this month after 31 in December, and zooms down to about half what they were last year. For the first time since I started looking, I can find no Alamy images in The Times today.

I was putting all of this down to the normal variation that occurs between months, and the slack period after the holidays, and maybe that is the case, but could there be an issue with the search engine?

Edit - $90 sale popped in this morning, all is not lost!

Edited by Bryan

My zooms are also down compared with last year but I appear to have benefitted from this change.

Probably best not to read too much into this 'tweaking' and certainly not to draw any conclusions about correlation.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.