My Sales 0 My Zooms 1 My Experience of Alamy Very Poor

The problem is that news is your mainstay, but it isn't Alamy's. Of course they date quickly when they go to the main collection.

A varied collection is the way to go, and it's a numbers game.

For a general collection there are far too many similars in a news take. Think about how many really different images you have-probably less than a couple of hundred.

I have 4 sales, 13 Zooms, and 6402 views (only been on ALamy for 9 months). I would reckon half my pics are strictly editorial. I've started limiting the amount of similars I'm putting up because I see views as the devil, zooms interesting and sales even better. If I have a category of picture or loads of the same I avoid taking anymore, unless I can better it, usually adding people, emotion or a story to be told. 

It's a lot harder than it sounds but its a lot of fun and very challenging. Got to take my hat off to those living off Alamy funds. 

Archived