Improving search in AIM

Bryan

Boolean operators would be good, to check for possible errors such as France AND UK, or to determine which images have not been given an obvious keyword etc.

I  may have posted the following before, as it magically appeared as text within this message. Still a problem however.

It appears that it is not possible to conduct a search within a given pseudonym, as, once the search function is selected, the chosen pseudo is ignored. Maybe there is a work around, but I can't spot it as the search function does not include the pseudonym in its remit.

5 hours ago, Bryan said:

Boolean operators would be good, to check for possible errors such as France AND UK, or to determine which images have not been given an obvious keyword etc.

I  may have posted the following before, as it magically appeared as text within this message. Still a problem however.

It appears that it is not possible to conduct a search within a given pseudonym, as, once the search function is selected, the chosen pseudo is ignored. Maybe there is a work around, but I can't spot it as the search function does not include the pseudonym in its remit.

When I search for Washington NOT DC, I get images of the state of Washington, but none of Washington DC,

So that Boolean operator works.

However OR works for the Alamy Ref # but not for keywords.

Nor for your own Ref #. Just for Alamy's.

wim

Yes there is some functionality, one thing that threw me was the fact that you have to wait for the database to update after making changes, as the search function doesn't find recent changes, even to old images. 

I'll do a few more experiments.

1 hour ago, Bryan said:

Spain NOT "España" doesn't work, maybe doesn't like the accent?

Plain stupid that it doesn't work exactly the same as the main search box.

If you look in AoA there are plenty accents that are being used.

España brings up my images (with that keyword)  in the main box, but not in AIM indeed.

However also the main search box is not without its flaws: España NOT Espana does not bring up any result.

Actual searches for the rolling year in AoA:

50 x Espana

26 x España

I rest my case, otherwise we will be discussing Brexit before lunch. ;-)

wim

Archived