I have a box full of old photos taken by my great-grandfather who was a keen amateur photographer in the late 19th century.  I have taken photos of them to upload to the archive stock.  Some of the photos are are in great condition, while others are not.  I can use spot removal to get rid of some obvious distracting imperfections, but some of the photos have more wear and tear than is fixable.  Just wondering whether this matters greatly for QC for this category of stock photos

Just now, spacecadet said:

Archival subs bypass QC. I wouldn't submit anything that was unusable unless it were of great historical interest, but it's up to you. If you have archival privileges you're trusted not to abuse them with junk.

Ah, Ok.  I presume I don't have archival privileges, since I haven't requested them.  How do I go about this?

I can't remember if they're now given as a matter of course, but if you go to the web uploader, if there's a box for "archive" you have your answer.

Otherwise send Alamy the link to the hosting web page and they'll decide if they qualify. The bar isn't too high.

http://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/guidelines-for-submitting-images/

1 minute ago, spacecadet said:

I can't remember if they're now given as a matter of course, but if you go to the web uploader, if there's a box for "archive" you have your answer.

Otherwise send Alamy the link to the hosting web page and they'll decide if they qualify. The bar isn't too high.

http://www.alamy.com/contributor/how-to-sell-images/guidelines-for-submitting-images/

No, it's greyed out.  They aren't on a webpage, so presumably I will have to send them an example.

2 minutes ago, spacecadet said:

Alamy doesn't want to have to open image after image in an email. It's no big deal. Mine were on photobucket IIRC but google photos will do. Whatever you use as cloud backup.

What I meant is why cant they be uploaded in the same way as usual, or like Live News?

Archived