Syndication for free?

Usage: Editorial
Media: Editorial website
Industry sector: Media, design & publishing
Image Size: Any size
Start: 01 May 2017
End: 01 May 2022
In-Context Digital archival rights included in perpetuity. Right to syndicate the feature material in which the images appear via third party web properties when material is branded as per original use.

Could someone explain the syndication rights to me please?

This was a low value sale.

Can't explain it. But new things are definitely popping up. I don't understand this one, either. It was refunded.

Usage: Editorial
Media: Book, print and/or e-book
Print run: up to 500,000
Placement: Inside
Image Size: 1 page
Start: 28 April 2017
End: 28 April 2027
Pick-up discount. The terms of the preferred vendor agreement dated 06/27/2008 (“Agreement”) apply in lieu of any terms set out in this invoice, and no such other terms that may be set out in this invoice are enforceable against Publisher..Print run up to 2 million

I would interpret this to mean simply that the editorial website will have the right to syndicate (license to other websites) the feature that happens to contain your image.

I've had several of these in the past. Sign of the times, I guess. Not much we can do about it.

Archived