Agricultural expertise required

colourful-display-of-various-vegetables-such-as-pumpkins-squashes-JDGHFG.jpg

I added generic & general keywords such as pumpkins, squashes, Cucurbita pepo & vegetables, etc.

Can you please help me to add any particular types or names or kinds, etc?

Many thanks

Sung

Guest Stockfotoart
5 minutes ago, SFL said:

Thanks, Stockfotoart!

Wow, mind boggles!  So many different kinds.....

A greenie for you.

Sung

green pumpkin? :rolleyes:

very much welcome :)

I should know this because I'm a big squash fan, but I tend to just buy them without looking at the names.

There are quite a lot of harlequin squash in there, and some butternut.

Alan

15 minutes ago, Inchiquin said:

I should know this because I'm a big squash fan, but I tend to just buy them without looking at the names.

There are quite a lot of harlequin squash in there, and some butternut.

Alan

Thanks, Inchiquin.

You've got at least three Turk's cap squash in there.  They're the ones that look like they've got another squash growing out of the centre.  Other's I don't know but it would be worth looking in some of the online seed catalogues.  I tried growing a few years ago only to find I was allergic to them.  Shame, I quite like the taste.

49 minutes ago, John Richmond said:

You've got at least three Turk's cap squash in there.  They're the ones that look like they've got another squash growing out of the centre.  Other's I don't know but it would be worth looking in some of the online seed catalogues.  I tried growing a few years ago only to find I was allergic to them.  Shame, I quite like the taste.

Thanks John. 

I am sorry that you are allergic to them. 

But I am sure you won't be alergic to my greenie. ?

14 minutes ago, SFL said:

Thanks John. 

I am sorry that you are allergic to them. 

But I am sure you won't be alergic to my greenie. ?

Not allergic to those!

I found out I was allergic to squash when I was doing some IT work for an organic market garden down in Cornwall.  They gave me a lunch.  Squash featured heavily, went down well - and came up a few minutes later.  Hosts were mortified.  I tried it again at a later date.  Same results.  So squash is off the plate for me.

8 hours ago, Johnnie5 said:

Turban, Spaghetti, Butternut, Acorn, Carnival, and three or four others I don't recognize.  They would all be categorized as hard or winter squash. Here is another link with some examples.  https://whatscookingamerica.net/squash.htm

Thank you, Johnnie5 for the link..

A greenie for you too.

Archived