Just been and checked my opt ins, and outs, under additional revenue options, following a doubtful personal license.

There is now the option to opt in or out of something called images options. Wasn't there a few weeks back when I opted out of the Press Scheme.

What is Image options?

We’ll offer customers variations of the images you provide to give them a greater choice, for example creating an additional black and white version of a coloured image could be an image option in the future.

http://www.alamy.com/image-options.aspx

Must have been in the initial contract, as it says I opted in, back in 2003.

Looks like customers will have the choice of an automatically desaturated image, in the future. 

Yes, that's new isn't it! Personally, it's fine by me. I don't really care if the customer buys my image in colour, sepia, black and white or anything else if it sells and i get my share. It also says that Alamy will email to ask if this is OK before they give the customer the option so i see no reason not to be opted in.

It can't be that new. When I click on the link, I'm told that I opted in to "Image Options" on 28 January 2003.

P.S. I joined Alamy in 2003 but didn't start submitting until 2007 (long story).

P.P.S. Just noticed that York Photographer mentioned the same thing. Sorry.

It's derived from the contributor contract, no doubt. I'm sure there's a clause about allowing alterations. It's effectively waiving your rights under s4 CDPA. In the UK, of course. AFAICS moral rights don't exist outside the EU.

Archived