possible phishing related to Adobe CC

Does anyone know if there is some sort of recent phishing scam/ hack at Adobe. This might be related to the Adobe hack of a few years back.

I received an email purporting to be from bearkatautorepair telling me that my order would be packed and sent to me asap. It had my correct name, address and telephone number. There was a link supposedly telling me the progress of my order. I usually spot these scams fairly quickly but, because I've recently been searching a lot of car related sites and as it had my correct details I click it. To my surprise it linked me to a form with the adobe heading asking me for info about my CC account. Obviously I've closed the form without proceeding. Windows defender now telling me it's removed malware. The link appears to go to "winournation.com".

Apart from worrying about what it might have dropped on my pc I am very concerned about how someone got hold of my name, address and telephone number and seems to know I have Adobe cc.

I'm going to email Adobe .

Many of us have Name address and telephone number listed together in any number of directories starting with the phone book. If you are known as a keen or professional photographer, it's a pretty good guess that you might have Adobe software. But you are right to be suspicious. As always, don't use a link on incoming messages, but go to the official Adobe site before proceeding with any update notices.

If Alamy is now flash-free, I shouldn't be getting those pesky notices to update Flash a couple of times a year.

I really do only use my email address as contact for precisely these reasons.  There is one place where it is possible to find my address but that is not photo-related or social  and does not include my telephone number. I suppose a link could be made but it would take quite a bit of work.

Windows defender found and removed a trojan downloader and I then ran  malawarebytes which found nothing.

I emailed "Adobephishing" and copied the source to them. 

Now I've calmed down and thinking more clearly I'm actually beginning to wonder if the email tried and failed to open an acrobat document and I was then diverted to Adobe for an update. It might be a false alarm - apart from me being daft enough to click the link. It happened rather quickly: I clicked the link; windows defender told me I had malware; I found myself at Adobe's website; I closed the page. I'm not going to try it again. :)

Still worrying that a scammer now has all my details.

This one was oddly convincing. I have never had a scam mail  sent to me with my correct name let alone address and phone number. They also know I buy car parts online or maybe that was a coincidence. Perhaps it is to do with a parts supplier. I actually thought I'd accidentally bought something via Amazon. Not had a very good day - was rather distracted.

This one was oddly convincing. I have never had a scam mail  sent to me with my correct name let alone address and phone number. They also know I buy car parts online or maybe that was a coincidence. Perhaps it is to do with a parts supplier. I actually thought I'd accidentally bought something via Amazon.

Perhaps you thought you were buying a photograph......

This one was oddly convincing. I have never had a scam mail  sent to me with my correct name let alone address and phone number. They also know I buy car parts online or maybe that was a coincidence. Perhaps it is to do with a parts supplier. I actually thought I'd accidentally bought something via Amazon.

Perhaps you thought you were buying a photograph......

If you've looking I have some. :D

Quite honestly the day I've had I could have done anything. I'm feeling quite old.

After doing some searching I think this is a variation of "DHL delivery notification Adobe ID phishing scam".http://www.hoax-slayer.net/dhl-delivery-notification-adobe-id-phishing-scam/

Seems pretty much what I experienced  (swap "DHL" for "bearkatautorepair" ). Basically they tell you they have information for you which requires you to log in to your Adobe account and then present you with a bogus Adobe login form. It also drops malware.   I guess I didn't imagine it.

I suppose there are a large number of people here with Adobe accounts who may like to be aware of this. I guess my details probably did not come from Adobe.

• 1 month later...

Archived