I've 3500+ images on my port but following many contributor advices i decided to improve my existing images keywording instead of adding new ones.

In particular looking at My Images i recently noticed that i've some Views related to the Location .. i mean , just the location keyword itself.

For i.e. i've thousand of views for "Mali" which is strange.. I never imagined buyers searching for the country or the city only.

In the above example i imagined searches like "Mali school" or "Mali children", from which i actually had views but much fewer than searches for the word "Mali" standalone.

Do you also experience such searches?

It affects in a bad way my CTR and i wonder if it would be better to associate location with other keywords, removing also the country/city keyword from the caption field.

How do you manage these situations?

As I see it, the CTR is based on zooms/1000 images... So basicly if you have a few views for a wrong search term, it won't affect your CTR.

I have a lot a false negatives, but I don't think they affect my overall CTR, rank...

Most buyers look for straightfoward things, usually with 2 keywords...

I have pictures of 2 Louvre museums: paris and lense... And occasionaly people look for Louvre and see results for both... I think all contributors will give you such examples... But most of the times buyers will be particular...

In any case I would keyword what is relevant...

Hope it helps???

Michael,

many stated here that CTR is not the only parameter affecting sales and rank.

I believe that but i also read that ranking stays quite medium for the first year and i just passed this edge since Feb 3rd :)

So for now i guess that false negatives and locations-only searches could place my pictures very low in the results

Spacecadet

i agree with you but in some cases like african countries i believe that some buyers search for country-only keywords when "country" means a lot.

To better explain my thought, clearly "Mali" is one search one expects to be a poor or dirty country and many of my images reflect these concepts in many ways.

So basically i WANT my pictures to be showed for a generic search but i'm not sure which is the percentage of country only compared to country+another word

Kofakovic, how do you know you "passed the edge" on 3 feb? What do you mean by that?

I'm sure that CTR is not the only factor, and certainly hope is not! Some buyers look for new images, some for creative (not sure which one are considered/labelled as such)... In any case on the long term, good keywording will sell photos, considering the images meet what buyers want/look for (I didn't lok at your pictures, yet, so nothing personal).

Greetings,

Michael

Kofakovic, how do you know you "passed the edge" on 3 feb? What do you mean by that?

I'm sure that CTR is not the only factor, and certainly hope is not! Some buyers look for new images, some for creative (not sure which one are considered/labelled as such)... In any case on the long term, good keywording will sell photos, considering the images meet what buyers want/look for (I didn't lok at your pictures, yet, so nothing personal).

Greetings,

Michael

He means he just passed one year on Alamy, so his ranking might go from medium to something else.

Archived