iPhone SE & OS Sierra

Hi, I hope someone will be able to help me.

I recently bought a iPhone SE (IOS 10.1.1) and was able to to download images via Lightroom 6.5.1 like I do with any other cameras.

Then, a few days ago, I updated my iMac’s OSX to Sierra.  When I plug the phone and open Import window in Lightroom, I can see that Lightroom recognise my iPhone as a source device, but the import window shows no images in the phone (i.e., it says 'No Image Found'.)

Is there anything I can tweak (settings, preferences, etc) to enable to download images via Lightroom?

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Sung

I can't actually help but can confirm that I found the same problem.  I'm using LR 6.7 and never had this before upgrading to Sierra.  I haven't had time to investigate the problem yet (as it's not something I need to do very often) but would also love to hear from anyone who has.

Pearl

I can't actually help but can confirm that I found the same problem.  I'm using LR 6.7 and never had this before upgrading to Sierra.  I haven't had time to investigate the problem yet (as it's not something I need to do very often) but would also love to hear from anyone who has.

Pearl

Sorry to sideline the thread Sung and Pearl but as Pearl has mentioned upgrading to Sierra I would like to ask a couple of questions of Pearl.

Pearl pretty please, (or should that be Pretty Pearl please), what sort of internet connection do your have, and how long did Sierra take to download and install?

Any problems apart from that mentioned above?

Sorry that is three questions.

Allan

Pearl

Sorry to sideline the thread Sung and Pearl but as Pearl has mentioned upgrading to Sierra I would like to ask a couple of questions of Pearl.

Pearl pretty please, (or should that be Pretty Pearl please), what sort of internet connection do your have, and how long did Sierra take to download and install?

Allan

We are supposed to have super fast fibre broadband but I am not convinced.  It took about 2 hours to download if I remember correctly.  I have had some problems mainly with Mail (I'm on a Mac) as Google blocked me from logging in saying it was insecure.  To solve the problem I had to either reduce my security settings or set up two step authentication (I think that's what it is called).  I eventually did the latter and now have no problems with Mail. Safari occasionally behaves a bit oddly but less so since the latest update.

LR and Photoshop seem unaffected thank goodness.

Don't know if that helps Allan

Pearl

Pearl

Allan

We are supposed to have super fast fibre broadband but I am not convinced.  It took about 2 hours to download if I remember correctly.  I have had some problems mainly with Mail (I'm on a Mac) as Google blocked me from logging in saying it was insecure.  To solve the problem I had to either reduce my security settings or set up two step authentication (I think that's what it is called).  I eventually did the latter and now have no problems with Mail. Safari occasionally behaves a bit oddly but less so since the latest update.

LR and Photoshop seem unaffected thank goodness.

Don't know if that helps Allan

Pearl

Many thanks for the information Pearl.

My connection is through a mobile service only so I expect the download will be much longer. Probably have to leave it overnight with "auto shutdown" shut off so it will keep going without attention.

Think I will leave it a bit longer before I try though and hope any further problems that might crop up are sorted with further updates before downloading.

I have both my 27" iMac and an Mac pro laptop to do.

Allan

Hi, I hope someone will be able to help me.

I recently bought a iPhone SE (IOS 10.1.1) and was able to to download images via Lightroom 6.5.1 like I do with any other cameras.

Then, a few days ago, I updated my iMac’s OSX to Sierra.  When I plug the phone and open Import window in Lightroom, I can see that Lightroom recognise my iPhone as a source device, but the import window shows no images in the phone (i.e., it says 'No Image Found'.)

Is there anything I can tweak (settings, preferences, etc) to enable to download images via Lightroom?

Your help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Sung

Have you double checked to make sure the iPhone isn't locked? I've recently noticed Bridge won't download from my iPhone until I've pressed the Home button.

fD

Thanks, fotoDogue

Duh!!!! :wacko:  As soon as I saw your post, I tried it again.  Again, the phone was recognised as a source device, but nothing showed.  

BUT as you suggested, I woke the phone up, and magically all the photos appeared.

Thank you very very much for your replay.

Sung

Archived