Lightroom settings

Good morning all.

Have been reviewing scanning, scanned submissions,etc   in the forum....probably have missed some...but

I've decided to give this a lot of attention with a large collection of FUJI film 645 transparencies sitting doing nothing....

I have an Epson v600 scanner and lightroom 5.7.

Any settings, tips, editing, etc  to achieve level of submission to pass qc...would be appreciated.

This looks like a good use of time over the coming winter.

Have always appreciated gleaning replies to previous topics I've posted....so "Thank you" in advance.

regards

Sparks

If they qualify as archival they don't go through QC. You need to apply and give examples though.

For LR I customised a tone curve with adjustments then saved it as a preset. It's based on the LR medium contrast one but you'll probably want to tweak the toe and shoulder a bit. I have separate ones for the different film types.

Can't say much more as I used an Illumitran rather than a scanner, but straight scans may be a bit flat and need a bit of zip to improve the look on the screen

Good morning all.

Have been reviewing scanning, scanned submissions,etc   in the forum....probably have missed some...but

I've decided to give this a lot of attention with a large collection of FUJI film 645 transparencies sitting doing nothing....

Any settings, tips, editing, etc  to achieve level of submission to pass qc...would be appreciated.

Have always appreciated gleaning replies to previous topics I've posted....so "Thank you" in advance.

regards

Sparks

A better solution would be to use a hi rez camera and a good macro lens in a copy setup.

For 120 film I used both a Nikonscan 8000 setup, and a my own home built setup, Canon 5D11 with a Canon 100MM maco lens. The Canon was vastly superior.

Here is someone who is selling a ready made copy solution. They claim “better than a $18,000 drum scanner”. Based on my experience on 35MM, 6X7, 4X5 film with the Canon copy setup, I believe them.

Good morning all.

regards

Sparks

A better solution would be to use a hi rez camera and a good macro lens in a copy setup.

For 120 film I used both a Nikonscan 8000 setup, and a my own home built setup, Canon 5D11 with a Canon 100MM maco lens. The Canon was vastly superior.

Here is someone who is selling a ready made copy solution. They claim “better than a $18,000 drum scanner”. Based on my experience on 35MM, 6X7, 4X5 film with the Canon copy setup, I believe them.

polished_stainless_steel_toilet_roll_hol

£6.40

If you only want the film(?) roll holder ;-)

wim

Good morning all.

regards

Sparks

polished_stainless_steel_toilet_roll_hol

£6.40

If you only want the film(?) roll holder ;-)

wim

Well spotted Wim. :D

Archived