Manage Your Images appears very tiny with High Def Monitor

I recently purchased a high definition monitor and have used "Customize Your Display" in the control panel to 175%.  This works well for all other applications.  Unfortunately with Alamy's "Manage Your Images", both the fonts and images are almost totally unreadable as they appear very tiny (~ 5 point size).  I am using a PC with Windows 10.  I tried changing the Customize Your Display to a higher percentage and it had no effect on the size of Alamy's Manage Your Images (both font and picture size).  I tried using the magnifier in Windows, and it proved very unwieldy moving it slowly around the screen, and made it impossible to move selected images down to the bottom of the screen to perform batch actions.  Has anyone else had this experience, and what did you do to resolve it?  Thanks in advance for your advice and problem solving.

I had the same problem and purchased a pair of strong closeup eyeglasses. I sit with my head very close to the display, about as close as you would hold a book. The image does not breakup at that close distance, because my monitor, (5K 27” imac) is high definition.

I thought you should be able to zoom in the browser (Ctrl/Cmd  and "+") but it does not seem to work in Firefox for Manage Images (probably because it is Flash), works on other pages. Hopefully it will be possible when the new tools become available, shortly?

When I upgraded my monitors recently I went for 28in 2560x1440 because at 4K+ resolution I could not resolve the pixels at 100% at a sensible working distance (so could miss fringing etc). My thoughts: http://m-dash.com/my-view-megapixels-has-changed

I thought you should be able to zoom in the browser (Ctrl/Cmd  and "+") but it does not seem to work in Firefox for Manage Images (probably because it is Flash), works on other pages. Hopefully it will be possible when the new tools become available, shortly?

When I upgraded my monitors recently I went for 28in 2560x1440 because at 4K+ resolution I could not resolve the pixels at 100% at a sensible working distance (so could miss fringing etc). My thoughts: http://m-dash.com/my-view-megapixels-has-changed

It does work, just not with keyboard shortcuts. Go to the menu bar of your browser and look for view/zoom or similar. It does involve a lot of clicking though.

wim

I recently purchased a high definition monitor and have used "Customize Your Display" in the control panel to 175%.  This works well for all other applications.  Unfortunately with Alamy's "Manage Your Images", both the fonts and images are almost totally unreadable as they appear very tiny (~ 5 point size).  I am using a PC with Windows 10.  I tried changing the Customize Your Display to a higher percentage and it had no effect on the size of Alamy's Manage Your Images (both font and picture size).  I tried using the magnifier in Windows, and it proved very unwieldy moving it slowly around the screen, and made it impossible to move selected images down to the bottom of the screen to perform batch actions.  Has anyone else had this experience, and what did you do to resolve it?  Thanks in advance for your advice and problem solving.

In IE and in Firefox, your method just works. Maybe you have to be on the page of "Manage Your Images". As I said keyboard shortcuts don't work. That is because of inadequate design, not because it's Flash.

In Firefox it's a lot of clicks to get to 200%; in IE you can choose any of the %% settings from the drop down menu. All pretty cumbersome though.

wim

Anyone know when the new manage images is going to become available?  I have in the back of my mind that this was due in September, but if it was, there is no sign of it yet.  Maybe scaling will be something that the new system will address when it does arrive. It would be great to be able to scale up the present small image that appears in manage images: often I cannot remember how many people there are in a particular image, and I have to go back to my full size original on my hard drive to check, because I simply cannot see from the manage images version.  Not a problem when you are keywording from home, but a real pain if you happen to be doing it elsewhere because it is then impossible to complete the number of people accurately (without resorting to guessing and then having to check later!).

Graham

Archived