lifting pictures from alamy..

hello I have just been on a forum that i sometimes frequent ( not photography.. cycling ) when i came across a image large and a large picture as well complete with alamy watermark.. now its not one of mine, but i do get annoyed when people lift my images and feel the need to stick up for other photographers when the same is happening to them. so i let the poster know that if they were not  the photographer is was probably copyright infringement... i was told that the person in question is not doing any wrong.. but it is not a link from alamy but the image itself, when clicking on it it does not take you back to alamy.

the image belongs to another forum user...

link below if any wants a look.. second post down..

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/oi-take-your-gel-packets-home-with-you.207483/page-5

The picture quite clearly has an Alamy watermark so unless the poster has permission from Alamy to post it then they can't possibly say he isn't doing anything wrong.

Alan

As I thought... I think the image belongs to Simon Dack who frequents the forum pages.... If I could have found him I would have sent him a PM...

The picture quite clearly has an Alamy watermark so unless the poster has permission from Alamy to post it then they can't possibly say he isn't doing anything wrong.

Alan

As I thought... I think the image belongs to Simon Dack who frequents the forum pages.... If I could have found him I would have sent him a PM...

He has a site with a contact mail form, if he is the one. I have sent a PM to you. But easily found.

Alan

He has a site with a contact mail form, if he is the one. I have sent a PM to you. But easily found.

Thanks Niels, have sent him a message.

Forum owners, particularly if they are commercial, or connected to a commercial enterprise will usually warn their members not to post copyright pictures.

One of mine was posted by someone a few years ago and it cost the forum owners over $750 to sort out the infringement... http://www.mickflynnimages.com/blog/2016/5/can-you-afford-to-let-people-post-images-on-your-site

Archived