Password issues?

I was signing in to My Alamy and got the message that the information was invalid. It actually happens to me a lot as I tend to be lazy in my implementation of the shift key on one letter. So I was starting again and got a message that my password needed to be a certain number of letters (which it is). Then I got an email from the new member services (now contributors@alamy.com) with a new password. It said if I wasn't the one who requested a new password I should let them know as I may be hacked. So I did that and only got the automated response (so far). Is this just me?

Paulette

Yes, Paulette -- it just you, me, and everyone else. Welcome to the world of nonsensical communications. Presently I have a apparently unsolvable problem with iCloud. I expect Alamy's sign-in problem to visit me again soon; it does this regularly.  All these sites take the position that they are protecting us from others . . . but who is protecting us from them? Dealing with mindless, ruthless algorithms is not fun. 

I did get a real response saying that the system automatically changes your password if you fail 5 times. That wasn't the case though I do fail regularly. Need to think of something that doesn't require a capital in an awkward place. Oh me. Then I'd better write it down. I feel like I live with a multitude of passwords.

Paulette

Archived