Newsquest hit by growing copyright claims over use of photographs

The York Press (which is one of their papers) has been doing this for a couple of years, They pinched a friend of mine's picture from her Twitter page (non Photographer), I told her how to chase it, and how much to ask for an unauthorised use, they responded by offering 30 quid. 

Pretty good business model, nick content, sell adverts around it, and then offer a derisory amount on the odd occasion you get challenged!

The York Press (which is one of their papers) has been doing this for a couple of years, They pinched a friend of mine's picture from her Twitter page (non Photographer), I told her how to chase it, and how much to ask for an unauthorised use, they responded by offering 30 quid. 

Pretty good business model, nick content, sell adverts around it, and then offer a derisory amount on the odd occasion you get challenged!

Difficult for a non-photographer to justify a high price when you don't have a sales record. You or I would be putting a nought on that for starters.

Difficult for a non-photographer to justify a high price when you don't have a sales record. You or I would be putting a nought on that for starters.

Most people would jump at 30 quid and getting their picture in the paper, I told her to invoice them for the full alamy calculator rate plus 100% for unauthorised useage

Archived