Just curious but do any of you use Joomla for your websites ?

Only I've been working on creating a couple of modules to pull in Alamy content to my site and wondered whether that would be useful enough to make them generally available at some point.

Bit of a niche thing really I suppose.

I've got a working example up and running here...

www.carol-carpenter.co.uk/index.php/portfolio

Only I've been working on creating a couple of modules to pull in Alamy content to my site and wondered whether that would be useful enough to make them generally available at some point.

I used Joomla for around 10 years but I gave it up as it does not work well with ImageMagick which is the image processing library you should use if you want to retain embedded metadata (captions, copyright notices etc). Also Joomla does not have the image management that I wanted so I now use Drupal which is a bit heavier than I really need but does the job well. I made the switch when I was faced with a redevelopment anyway to use the latest version of Joomal (version 3.x from 2.5)

In theory Wordpress will use ImageMagick but I am not a fan of WP. I have a WP website in development with my daughter but I have not yet got it to retain the metadata. It is early days though.  Supposedly Wordpress 4.5 uses ImageMagick by default if it is available.

I used Joomla for around 10 years but I gave it up as it does not work well with ImageMagick which is the image processing library you should use if you want to retain embedded metadata (captions, copyright notices etc). Also Joomla does not have the image management that I wanted so I now use Drupal which is a bit heavier than I really need but does the job well. I made the switch when I was faced with a redevelopment anyway to use the latest version of Joomal (version 3.x from 2.5)

In theory Wordpress will use ImageMagick but I am not a fan of WP. I have a WP website in development with my daughter but I have not yet got it to retain the metadata. It is early days though.  Supposedly Wordpress 4.5 uses ImageMagick by default if it is available.

I use Piwigo and it imports all the metadata.  Saves redoing the keywords too!

Jill

I'm not holding any of the images on my site. I'm merely displaying the ones on Alamy on my webpage if that makes sense. 

I just wanted a quick way to showcase all my alamy images without having to seperately upload them to my website as well.

The module takes search terms so you can pull in specific subsets if you wanted to - hence the menu on the right.

Archived