Does anyone know how to change my publically seen Alamy name

Hello everyone, I am brand new to Alamy but a photographer for nearly 40 years. I always meant to send my work to slide libraries, now technology has caught up and finally I am doing what I wanted to do many years ago, by joining Alamy.

I registered with Alamy giving my married legal name, but this is not my profession business name, so Alamy has got my whole profile name wrong (which is a little upsetting as I have looked everywhere to where do I change it).  I obviously couldn't put my self employed business name on the registration form under "company name" because I am not a company, and to be a company a person has to be registered as a company. I am an individual, registered as self employed.

Alamy have told me I can use any name but haven't told me how to change my name so publically it is viewed as you see it on the forum.

Please can anyone help because I am on the point of giving up.

On a plus point my 4 images passed QC overnight, very fast, pleased with that.

Thanks for any help anyone can give.

Grace

I don't know the answer to this but I'm guessing you would need to kill your forum account and re-register with a different name. My first thought would be to email members services and ask.

Alan

+1. I can't remember what I did but incidentally there's nothing to stop you putting a trading name under 'company'. You don't have to be a limited company to use one.

You could always just add it as a signature.

Hello everyone, I am brand new to Alamy but a photographer for nearly 40 years. I always meant to send my work to slide libraries, now technology has caught up and finally I am doing what I wanted to do many years ago, by joining Alamy.

I registered with Alamy giving my married legal name, but this is not my profession business name, so Alamy has got my whole profile name wrong (which is a little upsetting as I have looked everywhere to where do I change it).  I obviously couldn't put my self employed business name on the registration form under "company name" because I am not a company, and to be a company a person has to be registered as a company. I am an individual, registered as self employed.

Alamy have told me I can use any name but haven't told me how to change my name so publically it is viewed as you see it on the forum.

Grace

You edit your account details here  https://secure.alamy.com/MyAlamy.aspx#acc

If you want to change a pseudonym name AFAIK, you need to create a new pseudo that will carry whatever credit line you want. In Manage images v2.4 - there's a menu top centre for defaults and pseudonyms which enables a new pseudo to be named.

Grace

For your images just set up a Pseudo with your business name.

This won't change your forum name but you can always add a signature with hyperlink to another (e.g. business) website. As I've done.

hi

thanks everyone, really nice to have replies. Turns out it didn't change when I tried to add a company name, but it changed when I changed my personal name. seems backwards but never mind. My legal personal recently married name is Grace Jones (not the Grace Jones!!) but my registered self employed name of many years is Grace Johnson so tis sensible to keep using this. The Customer service team told me to change my personal name and it worked. So very happy. Tomorrow can start keywording images and downloading more, I know it will take time, biggest job I have is choosing as I have thousands to choose from, from the last 35 years!!

Thanks again  :)

Grace

Archived