Adobe's Creative Cloud

I guess everybody but me has already seen this on DPReview . . . but in case you haven't. . . .  

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2013/06/18/adobe-releases-subscription-only-photoshop-cc-creative-cloud-image-editing-software

You have until tomorrow evening to decide if you are signing up. After that you have to pay full price from the first day on. If you sign up now, you will have a grace period of 1 year for half price. US prices are 60% of European prices. You lucky b*

I hate it, but I will sign.

I think everybody using it will hate Adobe for it for a long long time. Pirates will be seen as liberators. Adobe as the oppressor. Bad bad PR.

wim

edit:

There may just have been an extension of that deal for some customers. (Cold feet?) Check if you qualify. In that case the end is July 31st.

Adobe, from reading various forums/fora?, seem to have mightily hacked off a lot of folk with one stroke here. May I ask just what the new set up is? I gather it applies only to CS and that it is taking away delivery via DVD/online or whatever and forcing buyers down the cloud route (rowt for our friends acrss the Atlantic) for a monthly sub?

nj

Adobe, from reading various forums/fora?, seem to have mightily hacked off a lot of folk with one stroke here. May I ask just what the new set up is? I gather it applies only to CS and that it is taking away delivery via DVD/online or whatever and forcing buyers down the cloud route (rowt for our friends acrss the Atlantic) for a monthly sub?

nj

Outside of Lightroom, all Adobe products now have to be rented for a monthly fee via the Creative Cloud. You are still able to download the products onto your computer, but if you stop paying the rental fee, you will no longer have access to their products. No money to Adobe and they will cut you off from using their products. And from what I understand you have to sign up for a year and if you break that it will cost you also.

I'm like many others; will use Lr but will NOT sign up for the cloud. Lr will do 99% of what I need, like Colin stated, and I'll use Perfect Photo Suite 7.5 from onOne software if I need more. I know for a fact they will never go to renting their programs; you buy it and it's yours, which is how it should be. I hope Adobe takes a major hit financially over this huge rip off! When I called in sometime back about a question, the Adobe rep got down right indignant with me saying I "needed" the cloud and would save money. I responded it was a rip off scheme and she got upset with me. Informed her we have the right to our opinions, but you do not have the right to pressure or bully me into buying anything and hung up. But wonder how many are misled or bullied into signing up....

Archived