So what's this Model Release malarchy all about...?!

I've been wondering about the whole model release thing since I joined Alamy a few months ago.

I've a model release app on my iPhone that I use, as it's really handy and easy enough to figure out.  My question is, how do I transfer that model release to Alamy? Do I have to 'attach' it to the specific image it relates to? How do I attach it to the specific image it relates to? There is a model release template on Alamy but it seems to be a printable thing. If I print it, how do I upload it to Alamy? There's a space for a picture of the model - how do I attach a picture to it, surely I don't have to get a print done?

Any answers to this (I know most basic) question would be very much appreciated and would entitle the answeree a place on my Christmas card list. :D

I don't use my iPhone for the model release thing, but you should be able to upload directly from your iPhone.

You can upload from "Manage Image" - "Attributes" if you have clicked the box that will require a release.

I don't often use model releases these days, but I use a generic one without photo that is accepted. The photo may be a good idea, though - and save some other work.

The printed, filled-in and signed release from Alamy (or other) can be scanned (without photo if you can edit the PDF-file or export it to a Word file to insert the photo - or with the printed photo perhaps if you cannot edit the PDF file)....

Perhaps you should stick to your iPhone app  :)

There may be smarter ways I am not aware of.

I don't use my iPhone for the model release thing, but you should be able to upload directly from your iPhone.

You can upload from "Manage Image" - "Attributes" if you have clicked the box that will require a release.

I don't often use model releases these days, but I use a generic one without photo that is accepted. The photo may be a good idea, though - and save some other work.

The printed, filled-in and signed release from Alamy (or other) can be scanned (without photo if you can edit the PDF-file or export it to a Word file to insert the photo - or with the printed photo perhaps if you cannot edit the PDF file)....

Thanks for your reply, I want to go down the iPhone route for ease, instead of the whole printed thing.  I'm guessing I need to have the mobile version of Alamy on my phone?

Thanks for your reply, I want to go down the iPhone route for ease, instead of the whole printed thing.  I'm guessing I need to have the mobile version of Alamy on my phone?

I am not aware of any Alamy app except the Stockimo thingie. You should be able to do it from the browser on the iPhone, but I am quite sure you'll get some really good advice on this from users of the iPhone app in this forum.

The app should email you a JPEG/PDF of the release - you download this from your email (on your computer or whever you do Manage Images from). Once you're in Manage Images and confirm you have a release you'll be able to attach the downloaded release.

I am not aware of any Alamy app except the Stockimo thingie. You should be able to do it from the browser on the iPhone, but I am quite sure you'll get some really good advice on this from users of the iPhone app in this forum.

The app should email you a JPEG/PDF of the release - you download this from your email (on your computer or whever you do Manage Images from). Once you're in Manage Images and confirm you have a release you'll be able to attach the downloaded release.

Thanks guys.

I use Easy Release and email the release to myself and the model. It sends both a pdf and a jpeg. You then upload the release when you upload the photo. Once you've uploaded a release it will be available to attach to other images so you only upload it once.

#

I use Easy Release and email the release to myself and the model. It sends both a pdf and a jpeg. You then upload the release when you upload the photo. Once you've uploaded a release it will be available to attach to other images so you only upload it once.

Marianne, is Easy Release an app for IOS or a computer program?  From what you've said, it seems really easy to use.

Archived