I was about to post on the same subject. The results seem to be of 'pages containing the same image' - sometimes, or images of the same subject, even though the image may be completely different

This may be an improvement for people looking for a subject, but no for a particular image (us).

Shame

Cheers Niels. It's a pain because I have much more success with GI rather than Tineye.

Yes, greatest succes with GI - it has been the best way to find infringements.

I have also used GI to find quite a lot of videos online in which I had a clip included.

I hope the service will revert to "normal" standard soon..

It appears there has been a significant algorithm in Google Reverse Image Search. It was usually very accurate. Now lots of incorrect results.

Anybody else finding this?

What I noticed was that all those similars from Alamy appeared on Google. And indeed lots of totally wrong ones. Google can be quite blunt if a site is f-ing up results.

The other thing is that Google now picks up the words Stock Photo and throws in pages of totally unrelated Shutterstock and Alamy images.

Maybe it could help if Alamy would bring back the metadata in the images?

wim

It appears there has been a significant algorithm in Google Reverse Image Search. It was usually very accurate. Now lots of incorrect results.

Anybody else finding this?

What I noticed was that all those similars from Alamy appeared on Google. And indeed lots of totally wrong ones. Google can be quite blunt if a site is f-ing up results.

The other thing is that Google now picks up the words Stock Photo and throws in pages of totally unrelated Shutterstock and Alamy images.

Maybe it could help if Alamy would bring back the metadata in the images?

wim

Thanks Wim, I'll email member services and alert them to the change. As you say, there might be something that could be done to help Google pick up the correct images again.

Archived