Not your usual file size question

When buyers search for an image, is it common for them to specify a small file size and if so why? Reason I ask is that an image of mine didn't show up on a search even though keywording was spot on and the only reason it might not show was FS. However it was a 67mb file and much larger than some of mine that did appear in the search. There was only 87 images returned in the search so it wasn't that either. Any ideas apart from "the search engine is broke"? :(

Last time I checked for [FS] was some months ago. Then it was a bit under 10%. However I always thought of [FS] as a client looking for a large file not a small one.

wim

That's what seemed strange to me Wim. I'm not sure why anyone would exclude a larger file.

Could it be a new user to Alamy who doesn't realise that file size doesn't affect price? On some of the Micro's you pay according to the image size not usage.

That seems like a logical explanation but can buyers select such an option for lower FS. Larger, yes, but lower??  :unsure:

Could just be a left-over selection from a previous search (i.e. the filter was left in place in error)?  I have [FS] used (very recently) even when someone was searching for an image of mine by ref #, which was subsequently licensed: of course there was no need for [FS] to be used at all in that instance.

Archived