Hello,

I created some logos (from different movies) and I d like to know if its better to sell them as illustrations (JPEG) or as vectors (EPS) ? I am hesitating because I know that illustrations can be sold at a higher price than vectors. But maybe there are more buyers for vectors??

What do you think?

To submit vectors to Alamy you have to send in at least 1,000 on disk. They want serious vector artists. You can't just upload one. You will notice in the option in Alamy measures it only asks if it is an illustration or a photograph, no choice for vector.

Jill

To submit vectors to Alamy you have to send in at least 1,000 on disk. They want serious vector artists. You can't just upload one. You will notice in the option in Alamy measures it only asks if it is an illustration or a photograph, no choice for vector.

Jill

Hi Jill, that used to be the case but Vector submission is now open to all - when you click on "upload" from the dashboard you can select FTP and then upload vectors.

Cheers

Alamy

Jill

Hi Jill, that used to be the case but Vector submission is now open to all - when you click on "upload" from the dashboard you can select FTP and then upload vectors.

Cheers

Alamy

That's good to know. I like to play around with vectors but thought you needed a whole pile to allowed to submit.

Jill

Thanks for your reply. It helps but it doesn t answer my question...

Illustrations sell for the same pricing as photos, based on usage. Vectors sell for a flat $50, at least this is the way they are sold if searching. Whether Alamy deals with customers otherwise you would have to ask member services.

I buy the odd vector to convert into an embroidery design. Never bought any illustrations.

Jill

Archived