Reliable Index, friend or foe?

This site is using some large previews from Alamy as illustrations. They come complete with the Alamy copyright notice across the centre etc.

Not sure whether they should be chased for infringement or applauded for advertising our shots.  :rolleyes:

Found it when searching for unauthorised usage of some of my images.

I've found my images on other websites taken from differen sites (like 500px, grrr!!) but I get similar results using Google search. None from Alamy though.

I believe this site works like G search, nothing more. But I'm rather pissed off the other sites, where my images are used... Google doesn't want (can't) to remove them and it's so much work (time consuming) for me to send invoices for the usage, it's just like a scourge!

Have just taken a quick look and have found many of mine appearing on the first 4 pages which one may view without registering.

The images are all small (about 400-600pixels) so not too worried about them being used as a click on the "View site" button will link to the home site.

I find the Reliable Index site remarkably quick!

I did some searches that, as expected, brought up photos from my own site - and for each image, RI gave 2 options: going to the (my) site, and seeing the image Full-size. It seemed pretty similar to gog---.

It's yet another reason I'm thankful to have a watermark smack in center of each image on my site.

Ann

Haven't found any of mine -- got sick of looking. However, if the Alamy watermark is there, then probably best to see it as a possible form of advertising IMO. You can drive yourself bonkers searching peculiar sites like these, and there is no shortage of them.

Archived