submitting a copy which is not altered

hi

with stockimo pix is there any usefulness in submitting an additional copy which is not altered, and tagging it as such

also the same question applies to regular photos at alamy

and if so what would the best term be, unaltered or not altered or ........bearing in mind american english and search terms

also can anyone suggest a good app to modify pix which is free and has not got options to upgrade and all the other annoying things  most free apps do...whew thats a tall order

any thoughts on this

thanks

hummm, think ill avoid utube vids on the subject , just watched hers and spent a hour trying to work some crappy app that was impossible to use

but thanks anyway there was some good content in here vids [saw both]

with stockimo pix is there any usefulness in submitting an additional copy which is not altered, and tagging it as such

I can't think of any usefulness in having multiple exact copies of an image. Can you?

Or do you mean having one image filtered/modified to blazes, plus the same image unfiltered/modified? Surely a logical work-flow would accommodate.

dd

You do see various altered versions of the same image on Stockimo,but, as with 'similars' on traditional Alamy, I think it degrades the perceived value of what's on offer. Far better to go for one excellent image IMO.

As for apps, Snapseed is popular although, following reviews of the latest upgrade, I'm making a determined effort to keep an older version.

BTW, if you were to upload an unaltered version of an image, I think you are very likely to find it being rejected as Stockimo does seem to prefer a high degree of filtering.

ah yes that seems to be the bottom line, that hadnt occurred to me. "seem to prefer a high degree of filtering. I think it degrades the perceived value of what's on offer."

i just thought that buyers would maybe prefer to do their own modifications to the pic, i know i would after seeing some of the offerings:)

this line of thought started when i realised i hadnt sold any pix, there are only 10 but they've been there a long time

just downloaded snapseed , how was the older version better, i know this can be the case. will look at it today...thanks

You've no doubt been told this before but 10 really is a tiny number. You might expect a sale every decade.

The numbers may be better on Stockimo but it's not self-edited so you do a lot of work beforehand on the off chance it will be accepted.

ha ha...yes im getting the picture..

that snapseed app seems ok on my phone but they also did a desktop version before being taken over bu google .......so far ive had no luck finding it without bundled crap ware....anyone know where it can still be found

Hi Qaz,

As of this morning, I now have six episodes on my YouTube channel, and I will try to focus more on specific Apps in the future. I only use free Apps which in the past I got from Starbucks "Pick of the Week" or Apple's "Twelve Days of Christmas" giveaways. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZGYGQJ7QfHvau3ckXUeXog

Hi Qaz,

As of this morning, I now have six episodes on my YouTube channel, and I will try to focus more on specific Apps in the future. I only use free Apps which in the past I got from Starbucks "Pick of the Week" or Apple's "Twelve Days of Christmas" giveaways. 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZGYGQJ7QfHvau3ckXUeXog

thanks for that i just looked at episode 5 ...beautiful clear audio too.

just an idea but when it comes to appps there seem to be 3 categories. really free like snap seed , free [ish] but the ads/upgrade prompts are so annoying as to make the whole thing a pain , and paid .

of coarse u can convert many free [ish] apps to paid but somehow no one ever tells you till you beforehand.........but thats only what i'd like to see :)

Qaz, you need to get your Apps for free, which is not the same thing as 'free Apps'. Download the Starbucks App which is free, but you don't actually have to go to Starbucks. Once a week they offer 'Pick of the Week'. In early August, 2015 for example, they were giving away the App called Camera+ for free for one week only. That's what you need to do if you don't want ads. Just download the Starbucks App for free and when they give away photography apps, download them for free. No ads, no upgrades, no converting, no cost!

Archived