Perspective Correction

Explore the possibility that Adorama or B&H have a refurbished sample, maybe phone them. You could get a couple of hundred $ off that way, and the lens is hand-tuned with a warranty. I know you're an NEX-6 shooter.

Thanks for the suggestion, Edo. Any ideas what can be done about the diving loonie? Shopping south of the 49th -- and indeed travel there -- has become prohibitive pour moi. Have always been pleased with both B&H and Adorama purchases, though.

P.S. Actually, the low loonie makes my monthly Alamy payments look a whole lot larger, so I should be careful what I wish for. Again, it's all a matter of perspective...

Holy cats! I'm sorry . . . since I stopped traveling, I've not been paying attention to these practical matters. I had no idea things have gotten so far out of balance. My daughter in law was visiting from Montreal a couple of months ago, and she didn't say a word.  Just today I struck up a conversation with two of the Christmas tree sellers from Quebec. Most of the guys who sell the trees in December here in NYC are from north of the border.   :unsure:

Holy cats! I'm sorry . . . since I stopped traveling, I've not been paying attention to these practical matters. I had no idea things have gotten so far out of balance. My daughter in law was visiting from Montreal a couple of months ago, and she didn't say a word.  Just today I struck up a conversation with two of the Christmas tree sellers from Quebec. Most of the guys who sell the trees in December here in NYC are from north of the border.   :unsure:

Those enterprising Quebecois have been peddling their trees for decades on the streets of NYC. They must be profiting from the low loonie. Those USD will buy a lot more back home in Chibougamau, or wherever they hail from. Economic matters are a total mystery to me, but I'm sure that the loonie will soar again at some point.

Archived