After updating to Lightroom CC I noticed that the Lightroom 2014 icon was still on my desktop.  As I was working I noticed that I had used the old Lightroom by hiting the wrong icon, and some of my imports were in the 2014 and not in CC.  This was not a problem as I just imported them into CC, but just wondering if others delete the old version of Lightroom.  I could just remove the old icon and that would keep me from clicking on it but is there any reason for keeping the old version on the computer.

Marvin

You can check which versions of LR and Photoshop are stored as previous versions in your CC app manager. If you need them, you can simply download with everything intact if you want to uninstall one version.

CC 2014 and 2015 both have the same icon, so I have both (waiting for one script to be updated) and I just keep 2015 on my tool bar and the other is on my desktop.

When I updated to 2014, my plugins disappeared from my filters menu. Nik sent me a new download link. Then I updated to 2015. Again the plugins disappeared. I went to the 2014 plugin folder, copied it and pasted into the 2015 version of CC PS.

Voila, it worked.

I did get rid of the older icon off my Mac desktop. Now I can't figure out how to get the newer Photoshop one on. LR is there, Bridge is there, just not PS. I'm getting to it through Bridge. If I open a file in Bridge or through LR, I have PS. Just don't have the icon.

When I updated to 2014, my plugins disappeared from my filters menu. Nik sent me a new download link. Then I updated to 2015. Again the plugins disappeared. I went to the 2014 plugin folder, copied it and pasted into the 2015 version of CC PS.

Voila, it worked.

I did get rid of the older icon off my Mac desktop. Now I can't figure out how to get the newer Photoshop one on. LR is there, Bridge is there, just not PS. I'm getting to it through Bridge. If I open a file in Bridge or through LR, I have PS. Just don't have the icon.

Apparently via an alias.... http://lifehacker.com/5809871/how-to-make-a-desktop-shortcut-in-mac-os-x

Archived