Adobe CC 2015 - adding filters etc.

The new update is not allowing me to add filters such as Knoll Flares via usual pathway to program presets, same for extension manager. Any workarounds for this. I know it's early days but the update doesn't seem to be widely supported via third parties - was it a surprise??

EDIT - just been on to Adobe support and there's no workaround that they know of, third parties just need to catch up. The problem is that 2015 upgrades 2014 and doesn't act as a separate app on the desktop. My solution is to go back to 2014 via the Adobe Cloud app and 'previous versions'. Fun and games!!!!  Actions like Tony Kuyper etc do seem to transfer to the new version. 2014 now stands as a separate app alongside 2015 but I now have two identical icons...... at least the previous version dl does keep the third party filters, so no need to reinstall.......hmmm.

:wacko:

An update.

Looks like third party filters i.e. scripts that are suitable for CC 2014 will work with 2015, provided they can be installed. Manual installation of ones like ALCE will work, any that need to use the CC extensions manager seem to need an update from the third party. Red Giant have provided such updates so CC 2015 is good to go...

Anyone know if the Nik software bundle will work with the 2015 update? (Before I update to it!!)

Kumar

They seem to install and work fine - just tested HDR Efex Pro. Now just need to uninstall them (don't use them these days). You can always update to 2015 and keep 2014 - just untick the 'delete previous versions' in the CC dialog box.

Anyone know if the Nik software bundle will work with the 2015 update? (Before I update to it!!)

Kumar

They seem to install and work fine - just tested HDR Efex Pro. Now just need to uninstall them (don't use them these days). You can always update to 2015 and keep 2014 - just untick the 'delete previous versions' in the CC dialog box.

Thanks Geoff!

Kumar

I just installed the CC 2015 update and both my NIK Efex and Topaz plugins disappeared.  Is there a solution I'm missing or do I have to wait for them to catch up?

Nik filters will work with CC 2015 (I tested Efex HDR). Simply run the .exe file and you can point the installer at 2015  and it will install. It seems as if anything that worked with 2014 will work with 2015 except some wares can't be navigated to the plugins folder. I know that most will work via a simple copy across from 2104 pluguin folder to 2015. Topaz I can't say if it will. 

Archived