Probably been discussed before, but...

Why do I get new zooms that don't show up when I click on the pseudo?  I have tried clicking on the Today or yesterday button, (whatever it is) and still nothing.   I enjoy checking my zooms to see how many other images were zoomed at that time.  I always feel better if it says "1", lol.

I don't know if this explains your situation, but I suspect that when a customer's search extends beyond one day, all the zooms are still attributed to the date that the search began. Looking at your rolling month of results (what you first see when you click on the "Your images" button under Alamy Measures), you might therefore notice a new zoom that doesn't turn up when you check the details for the previous day or two, but it should turn up if you look at the details for the full month. It does in my experience, anyway.

Incidentally, I have been checking some All of Alamy statistics (Unique Customer Occurrences, Sales, Zooms, and Views) on a weekly basis for the week of 1 through 7 November 2014, and although the vast majority of zooms and views showed up on the first day, the last zoom for that week showed up in February, and additional views continued trickling in until the middle of March. No new UCOs occurred after the first day, which would fit with my theory that the later zooms and views were from customers finishing searches that they had started long before (perhaps they left a tab open with the search in progress). I was of course primarily interested in sales, which are still coming in, but that's a subject for another post.

The first check I make is for the whole month. Then if I can't find the zoom, in case I overlooked it, I try the last day button.  Interesting.  You obviously are much more knowledgeable  about this stuff than I!

Thanks for the reply.

Why do I get new zooms that don't show up when I click on the pseudo?  I have tried clicking on the Today or yesterday button, (whatever it is) and still nothing.   I enjoy checking my zooms to see how many other images were zoomed at that time.  I always feel better if it says "1", lol.

Do you know that if you click on Your Zooms on the black bar all your zooms will zoom to the top of the list? Makes it easier to find them. I guess you might want to also use the calendar to go back a few months in case they are there.

Paulette

What black bar? My Alamy page? Oh my gosh, I just found it, did it. I didn't have a clue about that feature.

You mean I don't have to search through page after page anymore? Wow. Thank you, Paulette!

The black bar?  You can take it even further than that, Betty.  Each of the columns is sortable.  Click (you may need to do it more than once to get the right result) on the Your zooms to bring any zooms for the time period to the top of page 1 of your pseudonym results.  Click on the Total views to list them in lowest to highest order to quickly ID any images that have been searched for by Alamy reference or where you have little competition.  You can tell the sort order by the direction of the little triangle against the column heading.

What black bar? My Alamy page? Oh my gosh, I just found it, did it. I didn't have a clue about that feature.

You mean I don't have to search through page after page anymore? Wow. Thank you, Paulette!

Very happy to help you, Betty after your help to me. You can also do that trick in All of Alamy to change the order of what you are seeing. The default seems to be to show the UCO with the largest number of clients at the top. I sometimes like to click the Zoom category to see what subjects are inspiring more zooms. Of course you can do it for the Sales column also.

Paulette

Archived