Hi all,

I've followed some of the regulars advice on here since joining up last Autumn. So would love to hear some advice on the following image which I've hit a dead end with in regards to additional keywords to describe the photo. I wonder how other contributors expand on fairly 'normal' photos in order to make them more favourable in searches.

Also, on a similar note - do capital letters on place names make any difference in the search results? Apologies if this has been covered (can't find the info on the forums). Many thanks...and keep up the good work!

http://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?&n=NaN&imageid={856E7657-3943-4E32-A45C-03D36BA937B4}

models-of-grey-coloured-colored-terracot

Hi all,

I've followed some of the regulars advice on here since joining up last Autumn. So would love to hear some advice on the following image which I've hit a dead end with in regards to additional keywords to describe the photo. I wonder how other contributors expand on fairly 'normal' photos in order to make them more favourable in searches.

Also, on a similar note - do capital letters on place names make any difference in the search results? Apologies if this has been covered (can't find the info on the forums). Many thanks...and keep up the good work!

http://www.alamy.com/image-details-popup.asp?&n=NaN&imageid={856E7657-3943-4E32-A45C-03D36BA937B4}

models-of-grey-coloured-colored-terracot

Capital letters make no difference to searches but I like to use them where appropriate (names etc) in the caption.

Pearl

I don't think it's extra keywords you need but to manage the ones you've already got more effectively.

I could be wrong but it doesn't appear any of your current ones are phrases. I think you need make some into phrases.

IMHO if I searched for Gift I wouldn't think your photo would really be relevant. However "Chinese Gifts" makes more sense. 

Likewise "Chinese Gift Shop" "Terracotta Warrior" "Terracotta Army" "Model Soldiers"

I'd remove the following keywords as individual words. Artwork, Create, Land, Mold, Mould, RF, ROW, Sculptured, Sculpture,

Michael

Art, arts, culture, historical, Chinese, sculptures and also the exact details of the photo eg Xi'an Province, town where they are, whose army they were etc.

And don't remove the word "sculpture".

Great advice everyone, many thanks for chipping in. For some time now I've been adding words singularly and didn't 'twig' that the phrases I intended were showing up this way...forgot to insert the comma! So thankyou for noticing that.

I'll review these images and start to re-word it based on a description. Good job I don't have many thousands of photos to check over!

Archived