Headings and Captions

I have just been approved for the Live news contributor. The guidlines say Headings and captions must be added before upload, I cant see a way of doing this, can anybody throw me a line??  Thanks in advance

If you use PS, go to File, File Info, where you can insert the Headline under IPTC Headline, and the Caption under Description.

Alamy sent me the following many moons ago: -

Sample headline ( identical for all images in a group) UK Weather: Flooding in the Somerset Levels

Sample Caption ( In Getty style) Burrowbridge, UK, 16th Feb, 2014. Blah blah etc © Fred Blogs/Alamy Live News

i.e. Place, including country, date, description (what, who, why) then copyright notice

Having done this once you can save the template for the remainder of your shots in this sequence, editing caption detail where necessary

In Lightroom, you need to select IPTC instead of Default in the Metadata drop down panel on the RHS in Library view.

If you put AutoSync on you can set the Headline in each one of a selected group of images at the same time (remember the Headline must be identical for each image in the set)

Archived