It's funny that this should crop up. I'm actually thinking about switching from Canon to Nikon. Own a 5D Mark III, and 1D Mark IV, and to be honest I fail to see what the fuss is about. The 5D3 is clearly better than the 1DIV for IQ, but the files tend to fall apart quite quickly as I've noticed with shadow recovery resolving detail. The D810 is looking promising with a 14-24 2.8 

Do you really need something that wide? I would recommend prime lenses if you want to get the best out of the D810 - you would get two decent wideangle primes for the price of that zoom.

Open to suggestion to be fair. I'm done with carrying two bodies and a 24-105 and 70-200 2.8 about with me everywhere I go. One camera, one lens solution is what I'm looking for. In a serious recoil from sports/news and returning to enjoyment of just shooting. A wee change of manufacturer seems like a nice wee fresh start. In most of the comparisons I've looked at the Nikon 800 series just looks more detailed and sharper than the 5d3. I have no interest in the 5Dr series at all, and it's this blindness of Canon that's having me loose faith in their take on the market. 

Were things not working out with SPN? Just curious.

I moved from Nikon D700 to mirrorless Fuji i feel its a upgrade . The D700  features are awesome and hard to compare . I moved to mirroless due to weight

I am using a D700 and a D800. There's significant difference in the two if you look at low light performance. THe D800 does not compete - although the D810 might, not tested, and the D750 should. The D700 "limitation" is 12 megapixel. And I'm not even sure that is.

Archived