Icons on help pages not displaying correctly?

M.Chapman

When I visit the help page on Help Topic: Topics and Forums at http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?app=core&module=help the icons to indicate, for example "A regular topic with unread posts" or "This is a topic which you have participated in, with no new replies since you last read it", all appear pretty much the same. Have I misunderstood something? Shouldn't they look quite different to each other?

I'm running the latest version of Google Chrome with Windows 7.

I decided to check using Firefox today and I still can't see the icons in the Help section. I can use a lot of help with new stuff so I hope this is being addressed.

Paulette

Think I've got it, here goes;

FORUMS

f_icon.png -  This indicates that there are posts which you have not read contained inside this forum, or one of it's sub forums. This is the round blue icon with a speech bubble to the left of each forum.

f_icon_read.png- This indicates that all of the posts contained in this forum and it's sub forums have been read. This is the same icon as above but is faded out.

f_redirect.png- Redirect forum, when you enter this forum you will be redirected elsewhere. Have yet to see this one but will probably replace the above icons

SUBFORUMS

t_unread.png A regular topic with unread posts. The little blue dot to the left of a topic within one of the forums.

t_read_dot.pngThis is a topic which you have participated in, with no new replies since you last read it. The faded out star to the left of a topic you have posted in.

t_unread_dot.png This indicates that you have previously replied in this topic, and there are new replies since you last read or replied to the topic. The litlle blue star, to the left of the topic.

SPECIALS

t_announcement.png This icon indicates an "Announcement" - Announements are not regular topics, because members cannot reply to them. They are simply important news or information which should be read  Not sure what logo this is. Yet to be seen? Could be the green pinned logo, not sure though.

t_moved.png Topic that has been moved into another forum. Again, not sure of logo. Will probably say moved in the icon?

t_locked.pngThis indicates that a topic has been locked, and can no longer be replied to. Little black padlock

The Forum logos will appear to the left of the forum headers on the main forum page here http://discussion.alamy.com/

The Sub-Forums and Specials logos will appear to the left of the threads contained within each forum.

Hope this helps.

Yes it does help but I am only seeing the little question marks which I guess is also your point. Since Alamy is monitoring this forum I don't understand why they don't say anything about this.

Is it only a problem for some people? Is it going to be fixed? More question marks ??????????? -- though mine don't appear in a blue field.

Paulette

Yes it does help but I am only seeing the little question marks which I guess is also your point. Since Alamy is monitoring this forum I don't understand why they don't say anything about this.

Is it only a problem for some people? Is it going to be fixed? More question marks ??????????? -- though mine don't appear in a blue field.

Paulette

As promised, we said we will read everything but can't reply to everything unfortunately.

As far as teething problem bugs go, this is lower down on the priority list but it is being looked at.

Many thanks for raising it and many thanks to Mr Flinstone for running through the list.

Archived