Hazy Days, not Lazy Days

Inchiquin

Just as a postscript to the discussion last week about photographing in hazy skies: while were talking about it, I was on holiday and had 5 hazy days and one clear day. I took these on the hazy days - most are of people doing what I was doing - just getting on with making the most of the day regardless of the sky colour - or sleepy places just getting on with being sleepy places. Haze can actually produce some of the best light.

http://www.alanwrigley.photography/sussexhaze

Alan

Good choice Alan, some nice images there and all in my back yard :) I took a photo the other day of a bike going the opposite way under the tree up the Canal ( lovely place ) 2 mins from where I live.. Nice Bosham pics as well looks good with or without water ( very often sit down there watching the sun go down ) you are right about hazy days...

Thanks for the comments Steve. You certainly live in a lovely area. I used to holiday there as a kid 50 years ago and things haven't changed a lot (at least outside Chichester). I hope I haven't given you any ideas... ;)

Alan

Great images that use the haze to advantage and communicate a feeling for the location. Those lazy hazy crazy historic days of summer.

On a bright clear blue sky day, with no more than 50% cloud coverage, preferably cumulus, all filtered through a polarizer, with the sun at 45 degrees above the horizon, these images would be very much lesser than what they are with the haze.

Archived