Interesting copyright battle ahead?

Interesting read and shows how big organisations are happy to screw photographers, amongst others.Sad to also read the comments below the article which seems to indicate that many approve of this !!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2718120/Photographer-demands-Wikipedia-remove-famous-photograph-monkeys-selfie.html

Hummm, could be interesting. How do Wikimedia know the camera was not remote controlled and the button pressed by the photographer as the monkey grabbed the camera?!? There are plenty of ways to to take a photo without physically pressing the button on the camera!

Funny shot though  :D 

I find it ridiculous - "morally" (for a better word) he is the photographer and copyright owner, as he had the intent and also set it all up.

Other areas that would pose similar problems would be those automatic/motion triggered cameras that nature photographers use - should the animal that triggered the exposure be the copyright holder?

Or the "smile shutter" that you find on some pocket-cameras (they don't expose until someone or everyone in the frame smiles) - who holds the copyright then if you it had on a tripod?

He already said the macaque took his camera and tripped the shutter hence Wikipedias stance, personally I kept my camera to myself last time I photographed these macaques, they like to throw things. They also have zero interest in copyright ownership

Archived