DACS for a foreign photographer

I got an email today from Alamy about the DACS payback scheme. I am not UK resident and I am not sure if it's more convenient to proceed about myself or through Alamy. Anyway, just one question: what do I have to do to claim all the licenses I am entitled to? :)

Thanks!

Stefano

If you are based outside the UK you should have got the email from us stating that you cannot claim direct but we can claim on your behalf.

UK residents can claim directly. 

Cheers

Alamy.

I got an email today from Alamy about the DACS payback scheme. I am not UK resident and I am not sure if it's more convenient to proceed about myself or through Alamy. Anyway, just one question: what do I have to do to claim all the licenses I am entitled to? :)

Thanks!

Stefano

Just go to their website and file a claim

If you are based outside the UK you should have got the email from us stating that you cannot claim direct but we can claim on your behalf.

UK residents can claim directly. 

Cheers

Alamy.

That's not true.  I'm based outside the UK and I claim directly with no issue every year.

Please keep DACS chat to one thread, many thanks.

http://discussion.alamy.com/index.php?/topic/2767-dacs-claim/

Alamy

Message for all non-UK residents who recieved the DACS email from us today:

We were advised incorrectly about the non-UK claimants. We were initially advised that if you live outside the UK you couldn't claim.

We've since been told by DACS that they encourage you to claim via the collecting society in your country of residence as DACS distribute Payback royalties to those societies each year. If you're unable to do this for any reason, then DACS say you can claim direct but you'll have tax withheld on their payment to you. DACS can help you if you claim direct.

If you've already sent us your form today giving us permission to claim for you and you've changed your mind and want to claim direct, reply to the email and let us know.

A few key points:

- The email sent out to UK contributors remains correct

- This was an honest mistake based on initial trusted advice - this is a project about  generating extra funds for you

- All non-UK contributors who were eligible have been sent a follow up email to explain the error

If you are looking to claim direct (non UK or in the UK) then please be aware that we cannot provide you with title names, ISBNs etc. Others here have given advice on how to claim for Alamy sales direct, but DACS are also happy to offer you support if you claim directly and have questions.

Thanks,

Alamy

Archived